Fairchild Medical Center
Siskiyou General Hospital has served the residents of Siskiyou County since 1921. In 1997 Fairchild Medical Center, an approximately 64,000 square foot state-of-the-art building, was built on gifted land from Mr. Stan Friden in memory of his wife and past Siskiyou General Hospital Board member, Jane Friden. In 1997 Siskiyou Hospital, Inc. renamed the Siskiyou General Hospital to Fairchild Medical Center which was named in memory of Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Fairchild, the late parents of Mrs. Leah McConnell, the McConnell Foundation’s founder. The McConnell Foundation donated a matching grant of $2 million dollars. In 2005 Fairchild Medical Center chose to pursue designation as a Critical Access Hospital. This federal designation enhanced the level of care to the community. The hospital under this program is allowed 25 patient beds.
Rural Health Clinics have been an important part of the delivery of care in Siskiyou County. Starting in 1992 Scott Valley Rural Health Clinic was made part of the hospital, serving the needs in Scott Valley. In 2008 Fairchild Medical Clinic was formed out of Fairchild Medical Group, and is also a certified Rural Health Clinic. This clinic is conveniently located across from the hospital in the Fairchild Medical Plaza that also houses Rehabilitation Services, the Sleep Lab and a private physician practice. A recent 22,000 square foot addition to the Fairchild Medical Plaza added needed space to facilitate specialty care and a growing volume of primary care seen in our Rural Health Clinics.